We are living in unprecedented times. Self-isolation has forced us to slow down from our normal lifestyle of traveling faster than the speed of light, overcommitting on our time management and living in a consumer driven world. Instead, we have been offered a “do over” or a “reboot” to reflect on how we truly want to live our lives, perhaps in a more mindful and conscious manner. We know all action has consequences and the consequences of our actions to date are calling our humanity to a paradigm shift.
A paradigm shift is defined as a change from one way of thinking to another, and can apply to anything on earth – your job, your married life, your relationships, your home, your surroundings, and more importantly, your health. The signs are all around us. And what is with you, around you, within you is the same most of the time. What, however, changes is your attitude to all these. Your positive or negative, and good or bad, attitudes define your reality.
Have you noticed people in your community are becoming more considerate and compassionate with one another? In my hometown, the cars now patiently stop and wait for me when I am crossing a busy intersection during my evening river walk. I also notice more gratitude being demonstrated in the grocery store lines, as people maintain their six foot distance, thanking the grocery clerk for their dedicated service to provide our food supplies as they check out. These small acts of kindness demonstrate how we are being equalized in our humanity to cooperate with one another in a more mindful, connected way. More than ever before, we are witnessing more mindful actions across the globe as humans have discovered the serious consequences of their thoughtless actions. Our inter-dependence on one another is our highest priority now, as we emerge from our homes wearing face masks, out of courtesy for our fellow man and to help save lives.
Our bodies have inter-dependence with our humanity as well. We humans are the essence of the “chi” or energy of the universe. Within our human bodies are the inherent building blocks of all material existence – space, air, fire, water and earth. Our body mass is made up of 70 percent water. Fire provides our body with heat and radiant energy and exists within all metabolic and chemical actions. Air flows freely throughout our body, giving movement to biological functions and feeding every cell with oxygen. Space is ever-present, humbly residing in the background, providing the other elements with an opportunity to interact in this way. Do you love yourself enough to give your body what it needs so it can do what it is designed to do?
I invite you to reflect on what version of yourself you want to express when you come out of self-isolation. Now is the time to practice some helpful tips for new paradigm living:
- Honor your body every day – take a nature walk, dance to your favorite song on the radio, be like a cat that wakes up from a nap and stretches and bends, buy a stretch ball or a stationary bicycle to use at home.
- Develop a courageous heart and own and shine your inner light unapologetically – you will feel happier and truer to who you are and everyone who comes into your energy field will benefit.
- Be of service to others – this action is contagious. It raises your vibrational frequency and the frequency of everyone around you.
- Live a purposeful life – enjoy every microsecond and do what you love and love what you do and what you came here to do.
- Have the courage to forgive others – It is only by letting go of the fears, the hopes, the pain, the past, the stories that have a hold on you that you can quiet your mind and open your heart.
- Embrace learning new things – research and apply what you learn. New challenges develop the brain.
- Create a dream board of all the things you want to accomplish – short-term and long-term goals, dreams and visions.
- Develop an attitude of gratitude – gratitude is the door to self-transformation.
- Start living a conscious life – make deliberate choices, based on your values and truth.
Let us together direct our energy with a level of courage that we are so consumed with becoming the best version of our unfiltered true self that we have no time to criticize others and together, we can emerge from self-isolation into the new paradigm of living.