Bored with your backyard? Happily, there are many ways to have fun with your family right in your yard that you might not have even considered. Instead of the same ol’ backyard, try using these resources from Everything is mc^2 to turn it into your own wholesome and fun family retreat!
Grow a Garden
If you want to have fun and spruce up your backyard, why not start a garden with your family? Not only will you benefit from the fresh produce as part of a healthy diet, you’ll all get in a little exercise – both of these are part of making smart choices when living a wholesome lifestyle.
- Gardening with your family has many health and wellness benefits.
- If you’re a beginner, learn how to grow your own garden with this resource guide.
- If planting a garden requires you to cut down a dying tree, call in an affordable tree removal service.
- If you want to get your kids excited about gardening, get them their own tools.
- When it’s time to harvest, have your kids help with some healthy recipes.
Build a Playhouse
If you really want to “wow” your kids and encourage them to spend more time playing outside, think about building a playhouse in your backyard!
- You can buy a shed and convert it into a new playhouse.
- If you want to build one from scratch, you can also find playhouse plans online
- Depending on your plan, you may need to pick up a few basic tools.
- If you want to save money on tools, use coupons or consider renting.
Plan a Backyard Camping Trip
Overnights in your backyard make for adventurous fun!
- Consider planning a backyard camping trip around those activities.
- If you want to roast s’mores, think about building a DIY fire pit.
- For everyone’s comfort, look for a quality family-sized tent.
Just because you’re stuck at home doesn’t mean your family has to be bored! You can use this guide to create your own family fun right in your backyard. So, what are you waiting for? Start planning your family’s next backyard adventure now.